1. The deanship of academic research provides financial funds for distinguished scientific research projects for academics at the University of Jordan based on the following steps:
- The researcher or (main researcher) fills the "research project form", then send it to the head of the department.
- The department council considers the research project and provides its notes.
- The head of the department sends the form to the school’s committee of academic research with the department opinion written in the project research form.
- The school's research committee considers the research project and gives notes and opinion on projects.
- The head of the committee sends their opinion to dean of the school written in the form.
- The dean of the school sends his opinion written in the form to the dean of academic research and quality assurance.
- The researchershould write a report on the progress of work and expenses at the end of every academic semester including the summer semester to the head of the
department who sends a copy of it to the dean of the school and the dean of the academic research and quality assurance.
- The main researcher is responsible to arrange the needed procedures for doing the research with the related departments.
2. The deanship of academic researsh and quality assurance offers a grant to supporting research supplies for the fulfillment of the requirements for the master and doctorate degrees, according to the following steps:
- The school member, who supervises the student’s research project, sends the funding form to the head of the department filled properly.
- This grant is given based on a decision of the president of the University based on recommendations from the academic research council, and the supervisor, and the department attribution for providing supplies such as machines and needed equipments for achiving researches of master and doctoral degrees.
- Graduate students should have achieved the approval on the thesis proposal and on the supervisor befor applying for this grant.
- The grant for the supplies is given to the supervisor as a loan. Then it will be payed back through the dean of academic research grant.
- The decision on the grant request can be taken at any time during the academic year.
- The maximum amount of the grant for master's degree is (1500 J.D) given once with a condition of committement to the machines and equipments being approved.
- A final report should be presented to the deanship of academic research that includs a summary on the achieved work and how the fund was spent and a closing file request.
- If the fund’s request exceeded the (1500 J.D) (shouldn’t exceed 3000 J.D for doctoral degree) the head of the department should send a justification written in the light of the student’s thesis project plan, making sure that the school and department don’t have the needed machines or equipments.
- The deanship of academic research and quality assurance encourages students to present the funded creative projects to local, regional, and international contests. The fund can beinceased to cover the participation fees of distinuished projects (fully or partially) to the team members and the supervisor according to the instructions and regulations of the University.
3. Funding student research project / Bachelor degree:
- The supervisor faculty member who supervises the project sends a funding request to the head with a funding form filled properly.
- The Dean of Academic Research and Quality Assurance should give an approval on the fund based on the school’s dean recommendation.
- The loan should be payed by the supervisor’s name and payed back through the Dean of Academic Research and Quality Assurance after it’s being approved by the school member.
- The amount of the project on each project shouldn’t exceed (500 J.D).
- The deanship of academic research and quality assurance encourages students to present funded creative projects to local, regional, international contests. The fund for these significant projects can be exceeded for covering the participation fees (fully or partially) for the team members and supervisor according to instructions and regulations of the University.
4. Funding writing and translating books:
- The deanship of academic research and quality assurance supports faculty members who translate and write books with Academic benefit.
- The researches sends a funding form for translating / writing and three copies to DAR.
- The deanship of academic research and quality assurance sends the book to specialized evaluators After evaluating and presenting the book to the Academic Research council they take a decision whether printing it or not and the decided fund for this book.
5. Paying publication fees at international journals The deanship of academic research and quality assurance pays publication fees for the faculty member at The University of Jordan who publishes at journals approved by the University (400 J.D as a maximum amount) given once during the Academic year.
6. Rewards for publishing at international journals:
- The deanship of academic research and quality assurance gives symbolic financial rewards for faculty members at the University who publish Academic research at an academic journal as long as it’s approved in the database (ISI Web of Knowledge):
- One researcher (750 J.D).
- Two researchers (1000 J.D) divided between them.
- Three researchers or more (1250 J.D): The first researcher is given (650 J.D) and the rest is divided between the other two.