The CEOMED project- Employing circular economy approach for OFMSW management within the Mediterranean countries
Location: Amman, Jordan. The University of Jordan premises and the project’s research station located at the Amman Whole Sale Market (سوق عمان المركزي للخضار والفواكه)
Position: Research assistant within the team of The CEOMED project.
Number of positions: 1
Call open: 15-03-2020
Call close: 23-03-2020
Description: The CEOMED project is seeking highly qualified and dynamic candidates willing to pursue a professional career in a rewarding research environment as an Environmental Engineer.
The CEOMED project is a research-oriented project, aims at sustainable management of organic wastes, via the reduction of municipal waste generation and the promotion of source-separated collection and optimal exploitation. The project will focus on adopting the concept of circular economy in solid waste management and on tackling social and environmental challenges.
The project is funded by the European Union (The ENI-CBC- MED program) for a period of three years. The University of Jordan is implementing it with close cooperation with national related ministries and institutes.
• Manage and supervise solid waste pilot treatment plant (research station) on site.
• Manage and supervise solid waste delivery activities into the treatment site and keep data on track (i.e keeping and reporting waste inventory)
• Collect solid waste samples and carry out the required physical and chemical characterization.
• Review and revise environmental priorities, objectives and goals for solid waste management in Jordan.
• Gathering and processing key figures and data.
• Interact with all levels of related organization and project’s key members.
• MSc degree in environmental, civil or chemical engineering.
• Fluent English both written and spoken.
• Very good writing skills in English
• No travel restrictions
Monthly gross salary: 800 JOD (1017 euro)
Contract time: Inititally three months (trial period) with potential extention to 24 months contract period.
To apply: Updated CV and motivation letter should be submitted to email@example.com referring in your email to this job offer.
The short listed candidate will be contacted by 1 April, 2020.